Long Khanh Pagoda
Long Khanh Pagoda was built in the late 17th century under the reign of Emperor Le Hy Tong (1676 - 1705)
Location: The pagoda is located at 141 Tran Cao Van Street, Quy Nhon City Binh Dinh Province.
Characteristics: It was built in the late 17th century under the reign of Emperor Le Hy Tong (1676 - 1705). During that time, Buddhism was preached there. Long Khanh Pagoda was founded by Most Ven. Duc Son, a Chinese. This pagoda was restored in the times of Patriarchs Tich Tho, Thien Khanh, Chanh Nguyen and Chanh Nhon. The bronze gong was cast in 1739 (Ky Mui year) in term of Most Ven. Duc Son. Up to 1954, the pagoda was seriously damaged by the war. In 1957, Most Ven. Hue Long made a great restoration of the pagoda during 20 years.
The statue of Amitabha Buddha in the front of yard of the pagoda (17m high) was erected in 1972 Today, the pagoda still preserves two valuable objects from the reign of Emperor Gia Long: Thai Binh Hong Chung (Hong Thai bell) cast in 1805, and a seal engraved with the words "Long Khanh Tu" in 1813.
Please to click "Binh Dinh Highlights" to see more pictures of Binh Dinh - Vietnam!
With appreciation for your: